- Prabhat Milk
- Prabhat Ghee
For outer covering:
- Khoya or Mawa 2 cups, grated or crumbled
- Powdered sugar 1/2 cup
- Figs (anjeer) 1 cup, chopped finely
- Desiccated coconut 1 tablespoon
- Cashew nuts 2 tablespoons (Chopped)
- Almonds 2 tablespoons (Chopped)
- Put Prabhat Ghee in pan & add khoya and powdered sugar. Mix well on medium heat.
- As it gets heat up, it will start to melt.
- Keep stirring and continue cooking.
- Cook till fat starts to ooze out from the sides. It will take 4-5 minutes.
- Remove it to a plate and let it cool to touch.
- Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing. Take chopped figs in a bowl. Add dry coconut, powdered cashews and almonds.
- Mix well and keep it aside.
- When khoya is cool enough to handle. Break it using your fingertips and make sure there are no lumps.
- Pinch to check if khoya comes together. If not then you can add few teaspoons of Prabhat Milk.
- Dust your modak mould using the powdered sugar. So you can easily remove the modak without breaking or sticking to the moulds.
- Take a small ball and put into the mould. Using your finger tightly pack it and make hollow centre.
- Add couple of teaspoons of stuffing mixture, cover the part using little khoya mixture and press it so it seals properly.
- Open the mould carefully and remove it.
- Don't forget to dust the mould with powdered sugar every time.