- 200 grams Prabhat sweetened condensed milk
- 100 grams Prabhat Malai Paneer
- 125 ml cream
- 1 drop of rose essence
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 4 cardamoms, finely powdered in a mortar-pestle
- 1/2 tsp Prabhat ghee for greasing a pan or tray
- 10 to 12 shelled & blanched pistachios
- 10 to 12 blanched almonds/badam
- Heat water in a pan
- Add pistachios & almonds to the hot water, cover & keep aside for 30 mins.
- Peel the pistachios and almonds and chop them. Keep the chopped dry fruits aside.
- Grate the Prabhat Malai Paneer.
- In a pan take the Prabhat sweetened condensed milk, cream and grated paneer.
- Stir, mix and then keep this pan on a stove top on a low flame.
- Begin to cook and keep on stirring this mixture.
- Continue to stir, so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pan. The mixture would begin to thicken.
- When the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and clumps together, add saffron and cardamom powder.
- Continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Remember not to overcook, as then the barfi become dense and chewy.
- Then add rose water and mix well so that it incorporates in the mixture.
- Spread the barfi mixture evenly in a tray greased with Prabhat ghee.
- Now layer chopped pistachios and cashews on the barfi. Press the dry fruits with your fingers lightly on the barfi.
- Let the barfi cool and then slice them into small squares. You can serve them or refrigerate them.